Frequently asked questions
- What is the right age to bring a new kitten home?
- How long does it take for a kitten to get used to a new home?
- How to bring your cat home?
- What to buy for your new kitten?
- Where should you make a kitten sleep on its first night?
A kitten should at least be eight weeks old to come home with you.
Every kitten is different. That being said, some could start feeling comfortable in just a few hours. Some may take a few weeks. For extremely timid cats, it takes about four to six weeks to get comfortable in their new space.
Kitten-proofing your home is an essential step to take before bringing your new feline friend home. Set up a cosy corner for them, bring a sleeping blanket, and cover all sharp edges.
Buy a few things that will make your new kitten feel at ease. Get a sleeping blanket, a food and water bowl, and most importantly, some cat food. You can also buy a few cat toys to make it feel comfortable.
For the first few nights, you can make your kitten sleep in a warm and cosy corner that’s close to your bed. Later on, you can create its sleeping spot in one of the most comfortable corners of your house.